Reporting to the President and CEO, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Finance will be responsible for the development of the company’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP of Finance will be charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures for the company accounting and finances. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company’s financial results with respect to trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Responsible for external Audits of Financials
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of CBT’s corporate strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall financial management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President and CEO informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly, in banking and lease negotiations.
- Manage other Operational functions as needed with external agencies – Human Resources, IT Services, and Legal.
- Finance, business or accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant and / or Certified Management Accountant preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Experience and thorough understanding with accounting regulations.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multi-task in a fast paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Interface with senior management and CBT board of directors, and staff.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
CBT Pharmaceuticals offers medical, dental, and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy. CBT also offers competitive PTO days. CBT offers a 401K plan that includes a company match.
CBT Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to becoming a global leader in the discovery and development of oncology combination therapies that harness the immune system and target specific molecular pathways to tame cancer. The company’s existing pipeline of five development-stage assets include three novel humanized monoclonal antibodies that restore the body’s immune system to recognize and kill cancer cells, and two targeted therapies against uncontrolled growth signaling pathways.
The company was founded in 2016 with locations in Pleasanton, California and Hangzhou, P.R. China. The company will relocate to Foster City, California by 1Q2019.